You are here

Should each terminal operation or branch of a corporation file an MCS-150 form?

A USDOT number usually applies to the company, not a particular branch office or vehicle. Generally the corporate office or headquarters should file all the necessary forms and should inform its branches of the USDOT number. For companies with multiple branches, maintaining proper registration with the FMCSA requires good communication between the corporate headquarters and the terminal offices. The company's headquarters then can then interact with the FMCSA to ensure that all of its branches are properly accounted for.

Last Updated : March 19, 2014
Submit Feedback >