You are here

I want to inactivate/deactivate my USDOT number. Can I submit the request online?

No. To close your USDOT number record you MUST mail or fax send in an updated MCS-150 (Motor Carriers) or MCS-150B (Hazmat Carriers) form, and check the box “out of business” (out of “motor carrier” operations, even if the company is still in business) in the “reason for filing” section.

You can submit the MCS-150/150B form in one of two ways:

  • Fax: Fax the document to 703-280-4003
  • Mail: Send the updated MCS-150 form to:
    Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
    Office of Registration and Safety Information (MC-RS)
    Licensing Team, 6th Floor
    1200 New Jersey Ave. SE
    Washington, D.C. 20590

Last Updated : April 30, 2014
Submit Feedback >