You are here

I share interstate operating authority (MC Number) with a business partner and would like to discontinue my partnership with this person. Is that possible?

Yes. You can dissolve a partnership with an existing MC number by submitting a notarized letter signed by both partners requesting that the partner be removed from the existing authority. 

If the partners cannot agree who should keep the existing MC number:

  • They should both file a new application with the required fees and get new MC numbers
  • They should request that the existing MC number be voluntarily revoked. See the FAQ “How can I suspend or put my operating authority (MC number) on hold?”

Last Updated : April 1, 2014
Submit Feedback >