You are here

I do not have a credit card; can I use someone else's credit card to apply for a USDOT Number?

No. The FMCSA uses a credit card to verify the identity of the individual submitting the application. The FMCSA systems have the necessary security controls to prevent unauthorized access to the credit card information.

The exception to this rule is if an agent is filing a motor carrier's applications, the agent may use his or her credit card to sign the MCS-150/MCS-150B.

If you don’t use a credit card, you will have to mail or fax your MCS-150/MCS-150B applications. 

You can submit the MCS-150/150B form without a credit card in one of two ways:

  • Mail: Send the updated MCS-150 form to:
    Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
    Office of Registration and Safety Information (MC-RS)
    Licensing Team, 6th Floor
    Washington, D.C. 20590

Fax the document to 703-280-4003

Last Updated : May 5, 2014
Submit Feedback >