You are here

I am a Mexico-domiciled motor carrier. Do I need an MX number if I’m just going one or two miles into the U.S.?

Yes, every Mexico-domiciled motor carrier that enters the U.S. must have an FMCSA-assigned MX number, a valid FMCSA Certificate of Registration or Operating Authority and a USDOT Number regardless of the distance traveled into the U.S.

Last Updated : April 16, 2014