You are here

How do I change the company address for my motor carrier operating authority (MC number)?

There are three ways to submit your address change request:

  • Online: Address changes can be requested via the Licensing & Insurance (L&I) system. Select “Filing a change of address” and click “Continue.” Please note that you must have a credit card and docket PIN to submit the request
  • Mail: You also may also mail the request to:
    Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
    Office of Registration and Safety Information (MC-RS)
    Licensing Team, 6th Floor
    1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E.
    Washington, D.C. 20590
  • You also can fax your request to 202-366-3477. Please do not fax it more than once, as that will delay the process
  • Your request must contain:
    • The MC number
    • The name of the company
    • The former and current addresses and telephone numbers
    • Signature of the applicant or applicant's representative

There is no fee. Please note that NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE UNTIL ALL THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED! Address changes take approximately 14 business days.

Last Updated : May 21, 2014
Submit Feedback >