You are here

How can I suspend, put my operating authority (MC number) on hold or revoke it?

You cannot suspend your operating authority, but you can revoke it voluntarily. To request a voluntary revocation, you must:
  • Revoke online, using your PIN: Go to the Online Registration System and select the option “Voluntarily revoke my Operating Authority (MC/FF/MX number)”
  • Revoke by fax:
    • Have it notarized
    • Mail the completed form to:
      Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
      Office of Registration and Safety Information (MC-RS)
      1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E.
      Washington, D.C. 20590
    • The telephone number to request Form OCE-46 is 1-866-637-0635. You also can e-mail the insurance team at
You can also revoke your operating authority via the Online Registration System  if you have a PIN.
Operating authority can be activated at any time in the future by requesting reinstatement of the authority.

Last Updated : May 15, 2014