2.2 System Interface Requirements
2.2.1 Interface Configurations
After installation in the trailer, the UTT system terminal must interface with numerous devices in order to meet system operational requirements. For more information on interfaces, see TMC RP 2401, Recommended Practice, Trailer Tracking Interface Standard.
Performance constraints and requirements
188.8.131.52 The following interfaces shall be supported during the pilot test:
- Rechargeable battery pack
- The rechargeable battery pack is a required back-up power source that will power the UTT system when the trailer is disconnected from the tractor power. The UTT system's source of power is from its rechargeable battery whenever the trailer is disconnected from a tractor.
- The J560 connector is the standard connector used on the electrical cable that bridges the tractor and trailer. If so configured, the UTT may interface with this connector in order to determine connect/disconnect events. It may also communicate with the tractor mobile communications system via the J560. For the purposes of this pilot test, the J560 will be used by the UTT system to communicate with the tractor satellite-based mobile communications system and to access tractor electrical power.
- Door sensor
- The door sensor is installed next to the trailer doors to monitor door opening and closing events.
- Cargo sensor
- The cargo sensor is installed inside of the trailer to monitor if the trailer is loaded or unloaded.
- The UTT system for this pilot test includes two separate antennas, one for communications and one for location determinations through GPS. They are installed near the top or on top of the trailer in a position with a clear view to the sky.
- Host interface
- The UTT system host interface presents information to the user and allows the user to request configuration changes or information updates.
184.108.40.206 The UTT system software shall provide a documented interface for users who use alternative software.
220.127.116.11 The UTT system user interface shall provide full access to all UTT system features.
Previous | Next